World Bank Headquarters | Main Complex
1818 H Street, NW
Washington, DC, 20433
REGISTRATION AND SECURITY
- Registration will open at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, November 2, 2016.
- Please bring your government issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport.) You will be required to present it when you check-in.
- For security reasons, all visitors to the World Bank are required to pass through a metal detector and all visitors’ bags are X-rayed.
- On arrival at the World Bank, please enter through the main entrance of the Main Complex which is on H street NW (1818 H Street, NW). Please do not enter through the visitor’s entry. There will be a security guard and signage to guide you.
- As you pass through security, you will be directed to the registration tables (after the metal detectors). Here you will register and pick up your World Bank visitor’s pass (which will grant you access to World Bank buildings until 6 p.m. on November 3), as well as a conference badge and materials.
- Visitor’s passes are mandatory for all participants who are not World Bank Group or IMF staff.
- Session papers will be available on the Jobs and Development Conference website at JobsandDevelopmentConference.org. Hard copies will not be provided.
- There is free Wi-Fi available at the Bank. To obtain the password, please visit the registration desk.
LUNCH AND BREAKS
- Lunch will be from 1:00-2:00 p.m. in the Preston Lobby.
- Breaks will be from 10:45-11:00 a.m. and 3:30-4:00 p.m.
- Light refreshments will be provided in the room during the parallel sessions and in the Preston Lobby during the plenary sessions.
- Foreign Exchange Facilities: Bank-Fund Staff Federal Credit Union (BFSFCU) is a full service bank and is located in the World Bank’s Main Complex (Room MC C2-300).
- ATM machines are located in all Bank building lobbies. More information is available at the registration desk.
- The nearest Metro station on the Orange Line is Farragut West (about 2 blocks from the World Bank Headquarters | Main Complex).
- The nearest Metro station on the Red Line is Farragut North (about 3 – 4 blocks from World Bank Headquarters | Main Complex).
- For information about the Washington, DC metro, visit the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority website at wmata.com.
- For information on Washington, DC, the official visitor’s guide is available at washington.org.
- In case of any life-threatening emergencies at any time, please call the city’s emergency number at 911.
- In case of an emergency while at the World Bank premises, you may also call the World Bank Security hotline at (202) 458-8888.
- In case you may need any assistance during your time at the conference, please contact (888) 926-3836 x 2 or visit the registration desk between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.